Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today's funny

WHEN INSULTS HAD CLASS

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

~ Winston Churchill

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."

~ Abraham Lincoln

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it."

~ Moses Hadas


"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
~ Winston Churchill


"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."
~ Groucho Marx


"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends."
~ Oscar Wilde



"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend.... if you have one." George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill
"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second... if there is one."
~ Winston Churchill, in response


"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here."
~ Stephen Bishop


"He is a self-made man and worships his creator."
~ John Bright


"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
~ Samuel Johnson

No comments: