Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Getting into Heaven...


Subject: St. Peter at The Pearly Gates

Saint Peter is checking ID/s at the Pearly Gates, and the first guy in line is a Texan. "Tell me, what have you done in life?" asks St. Peter. The Texan says, "Well, I struck oil, so I became rich, but I didn't sit on my laurels - - I divided all my money among my entire family in my will, so our descendants are all set for about three generations."

St. Peter says, "That's really something. Come on in. . . . Next!"

The second guy in line has been listening, so he says, "I struck it big in the stock market, but I didn't selfishly just provide for my own like that Texan guy. I donated five million to Save the Children."

"Wonderful!" says Saint Peter. "Come in. - - - Who's next?"

The third guy has been listening and says timidly with a downcast look, "Well, I only made five thousand dollars in my entire lifetime."

"Heavens!" says St. Peter. "What instrument did you play?"

No comments: