Monday, October 22, 2007

Bud's World

Job history
My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy. I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience. Next was a job in a shoe factory - I tried but I just didn't fit in. I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income. I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company,
but the work was just too draining. I got a job at a zoo feeding giraffes, but I was fired because I wasn't up to it. So then I got a job in a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a historian
until I realized there was no future in it. My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.So, then I retired...and found out I was perfect for the job!

From the Choir Loft
Church choir rehearsals are Tuesday evenings 6:45 – 7:15 PM in the Sheridan United Methodist church sanctuary. Why not plan joining us…we’re always looking for more singers…no auditions necessary!
Our Sheridan Community Chorus is now rehearsing twice/week. Tuesday evenings (7:15 – 8:30 PM), and Thursday evenings (7:00 – 8:30 PM). We are now rehearsing in preparation for our Christmas musical in December. We will present this dynamic musical at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church in North Tonawanda on Sunday, 12/9 @ 3:00 PM. And at Sheridan United Methodist Church on Sunday, 12/16 @ 7:00 PM. We could use your help. For further information, please contact Bud at 716.934.7734 or tubamanbud@gmail.com

I was just wondering…

“Why does the psychic hotline ask for your credit card number?”
“Do you sometimes feel as if you’re marching behind the elephants in the parade of life?”


Today in history
(October 21)

1997 – Elton John’s musical tribute to Diana sold over 318 million copies
1994 – North Korea signed a treaty with the Clinton administration to end nuclear projects
1972 – ‘Man of La Mancha’ closed at the Beaumont Theater in NYC after 140 performances
1959 – The Guggenheim Museum by Frank Lloyd Wright opened in NYC
1957 – ‘Jailhouse Rock’ starring Elvis Presley opened
1917 – The 1st American troops saw action on the front lines in WW I
1879 – Thomas Edison perfected the filament light bulb
1492 – Christopher Columbus discovered “America”

Church office: (716) 672-2048, Bud: (716) 934-7734, email: tubamanbud@gmail.com
For Choir & Chorus information visit: www.frombudsworld.blogspot.com

No comments: